[PL-Directors] Free Webinar from Library Journal: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Public Library

HANNING Darci * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 19 09:08:10 PST 2021

Greetings!

This just came across my inbox so I wanted to pass it along:

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Public Library<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2da7-2102/Bct/l-0d65/l-0d65:8b6/ct1_1/1/l?sid=TV2%3AJuz7LeSOp>
Thursday, February 25, 2021
11 AM-12 PM PT
Can't make it February 25th? No problem!
Register now<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2da7-2102/Bct/l-0d65/l-0d65:8b6/ct1_3/1/l?sid=TV2%3AJuz7LeSOp> and we will email you when the webcast is available for on-demand viewing.

Public libraries have a unique ability to bring about positive social change in their communities, whether by addressing issues of systemic racism, reaching out to immigrants and refugees, or providing essential resources for political, cultural, or personal growth.

Join us to hear a panel of distinguished public library professionals who are embracing their role as community leaders. The thoughtful discussion will spotlight how these librarians are promoting equity and inclusion and offering support for their diverse communities. They will share their experiences improving services for underserved populations, adopting effective racial literacy plans, and taking concrete action to create inclusive and welcoming library spaces and services to uplift their communities.

Presenters:

  *   Paula Kelly, Library Director, Whitehall Public Library
  *   Svetha Hetzler, Library Director, Sun Prairie Public Library
  *   J. Caroline Smith, Inclusive Services Consultant, South Carolina State Library
  *   Tamara King, Community Relations Director, Richland Library

Moderator:

Andrea Blackman, Division Director for the Nashville Public Library's Civil Rights Center and Special Collections Center
[Register]<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2da7-2102/Bct/l-0d65/l-0d65:8b6/ct1_2/1/l?sid=TV2%3AJuz7LeSOp>

Can't make it February 25th? No problem!
Register now<https://mediasource.actonservice.com/acton/ct/10574/s-2da7-2102/Bct/l-0d65/l-0d65:8b6/ct1_3/1/l?sid=TV2%3AJuz7LeSOp> and we will email you when the webcast is available for on-demand viewing.

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D7069E.BE072E20]