[PL-Directors] Patron Privacy in Public Libraries — Survey

MAURER Jennifer L * SLO Jennifer.MAURER at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Mar 26 14:23:36 PDT 2021

Hi,

A group at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s School of Information Sciences received IMLS funding to learn about patron privacy practices in public libraries. They are seeking information from public library staff via a survey that should take about 20 minutes to complete. Everyone who takes the survey will have the option to receive a $20 gift card. I asked how long the survey will be open, and the response was “a few weeks at least.” More information is below and here: https://publish.illinois.edu/public-library-privacy-protection-forum/.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS (she/her)
School Library Consultant, State Library of Oregon
jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus