[PL-Directors] 2022 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report - coming in July

FUQUA Ross * SLO Ross.FUQUA at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 20 08:32:59 PDT 2022

Hello Oregon public library directors!
I wanted to let you know we are getting ready for the next Public Library Statistical Reporting season here. 😊 The report itself will open in mid-July (I’m tentatively aiming for July 15, 2022), to report on your library’s collections and service measures for the July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 time frame. The report is not due until October 31, 2022.
A couple of things to help you prepare now:

  *   I’ve updated our online guide to reflect everything you’ll see in the 2022 report form. There is a summary of changes (new, revised, and removed questions) on the front page: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats. The TL;DR version….
     *   We have added:
        *   Four new questions about staffing
        *   One new question about Spanish-language e-content
        *   Two new questions about self-directed activities (this can be take-&-makes, passive programs, etc. we’re using a wide and inclusive definition for these)
     *   We have retained the questions we surveyed you about earlier this year concerning (in other words, no changes):
        *   Items added to collections
        *   First-time circulation will remain separate from renewals
     *   Other important changes:
        *   The new questions in Part 7<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats/part07> regarding library programs that were optional last year have now replaced the older questions and will be required this year.
  *   We’ve worked to identify which data elements in the Statistical Report help inform the State Library’s review process for the Minimum Conditions for Public Libraries. Please see our Minimum Conditions guide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/minconpublibs/overview> and reach out to Darci Hanning<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> with questions about these minimum conditions.
  *   Your reporting will take place again within our online grants/stats system (the same platform we use for Ready to Read grants and for last year’s Stats Report). Once the form is ready, we’ll send an email with instructions to you (or to your library’s stats contact from last year). If the stats reporter at your library has changed since last year, please let me know!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Have a great weekend!

Ross Fuqua, MA, MLIS (he/him)
Data & Digital Projects Consultant
State Library of Oregon
ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3551
northwestdigitalheritage.org
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[cid:image001.png at 01D86C1F.C3FE7990]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01D86C1F.C3FE7990] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>