[PL-Directors] Learning Live for United for Libraries / May 14

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 10 11:29:28 PDT 2024

Hello library directors - in case you didn't receive this announcement, I wanted to share:

Let's Move in Libraries: How Library Trustees/Boards, Friends, and Foundations Can Support Community Health
Tues., May 14 at 11 a.m. PT

Library Trustees/Board Members, Friends of the Library groups, and library Foundations can be valuable partners in supporting community health in libraries. During How Library Trustees/Boards, Friends, and Foundations Can Support Community Health, Join Dr. Noah Lenstra of Let's Move in Libraries<https://letsmovelibraries.org/> and Christine Weinreich of Memphis Library Foundation<https://memphislibraryfoundation.org/> to learn how to work with the library on community health, get ideas for events, get funding, and develop, sustain, and expand partnerships. Chris Chanyasulkit, Trustee at Brookline (Mass.) Public Library, will moderate.

We'll talk about everything from addressing social isolation to supporting physical literacy. We'll offer practical strategies and tools to help you connect with and work with funders, while also providing strategies that you can use to support library staff who want to try something new, like a StoryWalk or a creative aging dance class for older adults. Noah will provide the big picture, while Christine will provide an in-depth look at how Memphis Library Foundation works with both the Memphis Public Libraries and the Friends of the Memphis Public Library to support this topic

Register here: https://airtable.com/apphf4sCdaVrFi9dH/shrXca38ncol9yU5f -- a recording will be available for 30 days after the live event.

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted
State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01DAA2CB.F004ACF0]

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office365.com/bookwithme/user/a59abb0a2327467fac503ddb3913cf5e@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office365.com/bookwithme/user/a59abb0a2327467fac503ddb3913cf5e@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>