[R2R-OR] Early Learning Council: new members
anndo at wccls.org
Tue Jul 10 11:24:10 PDT 2012
My sentiment and observation also.
Youth Services Librarian
Forest Grove City Library
anndo at wccls.org
From: r2r-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:r2r-or-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Louise Meyers
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:37 PM
To: Katie Anderson
Cc: r2r-or at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: Re: [R2R-OR] Early Learning Council: new members
Still no library representation though!
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Katie Anderson <katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>> wrote:
Hello! As you know, sweeping education reform outlined in SB 909 and HB 4165 included the Ready to Read Grant program in the new early childhood system being managed by the Early Learning Council. Therefore, you may be interested to know the new members of the Early Learning Council. In addition to the original nine members<http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/09/gov_john_kitzhaber_appoints_me.html>, the following people will be joining the Early Learning Council to make a total of 19 members. These new members were selected to fulfill the requirements of the federal Head Start Act Sec. 642B. (b)(1)(A-C)<http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ohs/legislation/HS_act.html#642B>. Previously these requirements were fulfilled through the Early Childhood Matters Advisory Council, which expired June 15, 2012.
New Early Learning Council members:
1. Vikki Bishop, Early Childhood Education Program Manager, Confederated Tribes of the Grande Ronde
2. Kim Williams, Director of North Central ESD Early Education
3. Harriet Adair, PhD, Regional Administrator, Portland Public Schools
4. Nancy Latini, PhD, Deputy Superintendent, Oregon Dept. of Education
5. Lynne Saxton, Executive Director, Christie Care-Youth Villages of Oregon
6. Jim Tierney, Executive Director, Community Action Team
7. Dana Hargunani, MD, MPH, Child Health Director, Oregon Health Authority
8. Eva Rippeteau Chavira, Political Coordinator, Oregon AFSCME
9. Dell Ford, Oregon Head Start Collaboration Director
10. Kara Waddell, Administrator, Oregon Child Care Division
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
If the hyperlinks don't work, try copying and pasting this URL in your browser:
* Original nine ELC members: http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/09/gov_john_kitzhaber_appoints_me.html
* Head Start Act section pertaining the committee and its membership: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ohs/legislation/HS_act.html#642B
R2R-OR mailing list
R2R-OR at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:R2R-OR at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Hosted by the Oregon State Library. The Library is not responsible for content.
Questions related to message content should be directed to list owner(s) or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.
Stayton Public Library
515 N. 1st ave, Stayton OR
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the R2R-OR