[R2R-OR] Budget reminder and new final report deadline!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Apr 5 13:03:38 PDT 2013

Dear Ready to Read Grantees,

Hi! This is a reminder to make sure you are tracking your Ready to Read Grant expenses well enough so that you are able to report spending the amount of money you were granted on your Ready to Read Final Report at the end of the year.

*         What does that mean? If you received a Ready to Read check for $1000 in December 2012, you should spend $1000 during 2013, and then report spending $1000 when you fill out your final report in December 2013.

*         How do we track Ready to Read spending? This will be different library to library, accountant to accountant... just do whatever works best for your library to accurately track the amount of Ready to Read funds you receive and how you spend it so you can report spending the correct amount on your Ready to Read Final Report.

*         When do we have to have all our Ready to Read funds spent? For the 2012-2013 grant cycle you received your check in December 2012. All of those funds must be spent by December 31, 2013-one calendar year.

*         What are the consequences of not reporting accurately? I'll ask you to correct your budget on your Ready to Read Final Report and work with you if necessary to figure out what needs to be done to correct it.... and keep contacting you and working with you until the State Library gets a correct budget we can put in your files.

*         Why is this coming up now? Because lots of libraries submitted incorrect budgets last year and the Legislature is looking more closely at Ready to Read now. All libraries that submitted incorrect budgets have corrected them now and most were easy corrections-thanks!

*         Is the State Library doing anything to help? Yes! Your final report for your current grant will be due December 31, 2013. Hopefully having your final report due on the same day grant funds must be spent will make it easier to fill out the final report form and remember when the funds must be spent by.  And, as always, I'm here to help... just contact me with any questions and I'll do my best to help you come up with a local solution.

Thanks,
Katie