[R2R-OR] Outcome based evaluation coaching update

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Nov 15 16:33:47 PST 2013

Dear Library Directors and Key Contacts,

As you may remember from my September 18th email<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/pipermail/r2r-or/2013-September/000090.html>, many libraries are still struggling with outcome based evaluation (OBE) so my supervisor and I developed a plan to coach those of you who need a little more help. As promised, no grants will be denied this year based on OBE. However, we want to take this opportunity to start getting everyone up to speed so you all will be successful when OBE is required-possibly for the 2015-2016 grant cycle.

We have identified 30 libraries that need OBE coaching. Next week I will email guidance to those libraries in groups based on the type of coaching they need. In December I will follow-up with individual assistance via the phone (or email if a library prefers).

I will not be contacting libraries that seemed to get OBE or those that seemed close to getting it because you will have at least one more grant cycle to practice before it really counts.

Next year the R2R application will not change and I will provide all of you with the guidance I'm providing the libraries that need coaching. In addition, the State Library hopes to launch our OBE webpage before the end of this year so you'll be able to access free OBE professional development before you have to apply for R2R again.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.

Thanks,

Katie