[R2R-OR] Q & A: Who is the local government official authorized to apply for grants?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Aug 4 11:20:16 PDT 2015

Q: .  There is a spot on page 2 that says "Name of local government official authorized to apply for grants."  Who should we put on there or should we just leave it blank?

A: It depends on who is your library's fiscal agent.

*         If your paycheck is issued by the city/county, then whomever at city hall/county courthouse is ultimately responsible for the budget-probably the city manager or mayor/county administrator or county clerk.

*         If your paycheck is issued by your library, then your library director is ultimately responsible for the budget so you can leave it blank because they don't need to sign it twice.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Katie

[Slogan Text][Cooper_laughing]
Summer Reading 2015 at Oregon libraries<http://libdir.osl.state.or.us/>!
Find a summer food site<http://www.summerfoodoregon.org/>.

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>