[R2R-OR] Q & A: Can I say $500 for supplies or do I need to specific which supplies and how much each costs?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Aug 10 14:29:01 PDT 2016

Q: As part of our Ready to Read grant application, we would like to include money to update a few of our circulating "Story Kits." Is it okay to write in our application "$500 supplies for each story kit replacement" or should I guesstimate what specific supplies we might order, write those specific supplies and their costs in our application, and then request a change to our grant when we actually order the supplies?

A: Just say "$500 supplies for each story kit replacement." No need to go into more detail on your application and no need to request a change later. In narrative for question #1 on your end of year report, list the supplies you actually purchased for one or two story kits so I have a good idea what types of things the other story kits include. No need to provide a complete list of all supplies you purchased  for every kit in the narrative. The budget in your end of year report should include the total of the actual amount you spent on supplies, you don't have to itemize each supply and its cost.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Katie

Katie Anderson, MLS, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>