[R2R-OR] Hands-On Programming Workshop, Registration Now Open

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Feb 17 15:51:21 PST 2016

Registration is open for the OLA’s Children’s Services Division (CSD) Spring Workshop & Silent Auction on Saturday, March 12, 2016 at the Salem Public Library. The theme is Hands-On Programming for School Age Kids, so there will be a $15 registration fee to cover the cost of supplies. While this workshop isn’t explicitly about summer reading, these hands-on activities will be appropriate to include as part of your summer reading program. This is a good opportunity to get new ideas for your summer reading program and be able to try them out yourself first!

To register for the CSD Spring Workshop, please click here now<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_214224>.

Lunch will be on your own. We're hoping to have a debit card reader set up for the auction, but bring cash or a checkbook just in case!

Please let CSD Chair Barratt Miller know if you have any questions by e-mailing her at csd at olaweb.org<mailto:csd at olaweb.org>

Thanks,

Katie
Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>

FYI: Many small, rural libraries are not getting useful information about professional development opportunities and resources that is being shared on other listservs. Therefore I’ve decide to forward items that are relevant to improving early literacy for 0-6 year olds and summer reading for 0-14 year olds on the Ready to Read grant listserv. I will be very selective about what I share on this list to ensure they all relate to the purposes of the Ready to Read grant and so you aren't overwhelmed with too many emails.