[R2R-OR] The 2016 Ready to Read Annual Report is now available online!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Feb 16 12:25:44 PST 2017

The 2016 Ready to Read Annual Report<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/youthsvcs/R2R/2016-AnnualReport.pdf> is now available online!

The report is very different this year.

In the past, the State Library used metrics to report the results of the Ready to Read grant program. The metrics established logical links between state funding and libraries implementing best practices, summer reading participation statistics, and attendance at children's programs.

In 2013-2015, the State Library and libraries receiving Ready to Read grants practiced using outcome based evaluation. The Ready to Read Annual Report still included the same metrics as in the past, but it also included a little information about outcomes.

In 2016, the Ready to Read Annual Report only uses outcome based evaluation to report the impact state funds actually had on youth and their caregivers who participated in state-funded library programs. The past metrics are no longer included in the Ready to Read Annual Report. However, those past metrics are important outputs and you can find that data here:

*         A new best practices report is available online here<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/youthsvcs/R2R/2016-BestPractices.pdf> (separate email about it will follow)

*         The summer reading participation data is reported on in the Oregon Summer Reading Brief<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/summerreading/oregonsummerreadingstatistics.aspx>

*         The attendance at children's programs data is available in the Oregon Public Library Statistics<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/statsploregon.aspx>

I know this is a big change, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Katie

PS: I'm going to send this email out on the kids-lib and OYAN listservs too.

Katie Anderson, MLS, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>