[R2R-OR] State Library Notice of Rulemaking

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Mon Jul 6 09:16:07 PDT 2020

Hello summer reading stakeholders,

The State Library is going through the rulemaking process to update the definition of Statewide Summer Reading Program in the Oregon Administrative Rules. Currently, the rules name the Collaborative Summer Library Program in the definition and we are broadening the definition to any nationwide or statewide summer reading program so that we have the flexibility to select other summer reading programs. The details are below, including options for commenting on the proposed rules. Please let me know if you have any questions.

This e-mail message provides the notice of State Library of Oregon rulemaking required by Oregon Administrative Rules 543-001-0000 (3).

Caption: Changing the definition of Statewide Summer Reading Program

Rule Summary:  Changing the definition of Statewide Summer Reading Program by removing Collaborative Summer Library Program Annual Summer Reading Program and replacing it with any nationwide or statewide annual summer reading program.

*        Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Filing: Including statement of need and fiscal impact. This includes the draft proposed rules with changes to the current rules tracked.

The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Filing and Proposed Rules are also available on the State Library's website at: https://www.oregon.gov/library/operations/Pages/Administrative-Rules.aspx

How to comment:  You may comment on the proposed rules through August 14, 2020 using the following methods:

Mail:     send written comments to:
Jennifer Patterson
State Library of Oregon
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301

E-mail: send comments by email to jennifer.l.patterson at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.l.patterson at state.or.us>

Rulemaking hearing:  You may also provide oral or written comments at the rulemaking hearing, which will take place: