[R2R-OR] Whoops from Greta and August 31st deadline for Ready to Read

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Aug 6 18:28:28 PDT 2021

Hello Ready to Read folks,

I wanted to let you know that generally in the first week of August, we have about 45% of the Ready to Read applications turned in. This year, we’ve got a total of 11 turned in so far. This is ok! They’re not due until August 31st! I’ve been slightly concerned about that number because it’s typically better to help anyone who needs help if we aren’t in the last week of August. I usually send a reminder e-mail through mail merge in the first week of August. I attempted to do that this afternoon for everyone who hasn’t started their application yet. I just learned my mail merge only went to the directors on my list, not the youth services folks. I want to apologize to all the youth librarians here – I did not mean to go straight to your directors and leave you out.

It's a very busy time, and we are all still adjusting to the new/old world of Covid and new/old ways of doing library services and programs. Every library is juggling a lot as we continue to figure out how to do this! So please take the time you need, you definitely have 3 weeks. I just wanted to catch those folks who may not have realized how fast the end of August is coming. If you don’t need this reminder, please delete this email and don’t worry about it. If you do need this reminder, please let me know if you have questions! 😊

I hope you all have a good weekend and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]