[R2R-OR] Monday, February 1st Office Hours this Month & Notes from Last Week's Summer Reading Discussion

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Feb 1 11:03:04 PST 2021

Happy Monday, all.

Thank you so much for last week's discussion on online tools for Summer Reading.  You can see notes here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bVvgUvtVTU5sxQryolv6ycrhY98ASbB-J889sN3ndk/edit?usp=sharing> and slides with links<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kIplGpiGhw9QBjot4EZJdaRTl7Hse5R3/view?usp=sharing> here. We will discuss some aspect of summer reading every 4th Tuesday, please get in touch with me and/or your CSD/OYAN Summer Reading reps, Nicole or Lisa, with summer reading comments, questions, and feedback!

Tuesday office hours at noon are continuing this month, see schedule below. (Bring your lunch!) We will not be recording these sessions, however, notes from each will continue to be available. Any and all library staff are welcome to join in for any one or for all four of these topics. You do not have to register, but you DO need the password, see zoom information below.

Here's what's on deck for February:

  *   Tomorrow, Tuesday February 2nd: General Office Hours: Pop in and let us know how things are going at your library!

  *   Tuesday, February 9th: Best of 2020/Youth Media Awards - There are so many good books on the award lists! Let's celebrate them!

  *   Tuesday, February 16th: Discussion: We'll be discussing a lecture from the Spring 2020 Augusta Baker Diversity Series: Diversity in Children's Services, presented by Heather McCue. The recording is available  here to watch with slides<https://sites.google.com/view/bakerlectures/baker-diversity-series/spring-2020-lectures?authuser=0#h.fbz8wqqe8yg1>. It's a little over an hour.

  *   Tuesday, February 23rd: Summer Reading 2021: Keeping Track - Tracking outcomes and participation. Please bring your tracking plans and questions!

You can get to all of these sessions with this link: Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88398149898?pwd=VjVaOWlSQkwvcS94UFNzTlZSV29DUT09

Meeting ID: 883 9814 9898
Passcode: reading

One tap mobile
+14086380968,,88398149898# US (San Jose)
+16699006833,,88398149898# US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 883 9814 9898
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcfsu1rXgK

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D6F889.CFF07A60]