[R2R-OR] Friday, July 16th Shoutout to Helix

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jul 16 11:49:58 PDT 2021

Hello everybody,

I want to send a big shoutout over to Helix library in Umatilla - A few months ago, Library Director Annette Kubishta reached out to think through teen outreach and programming opportunities. Helix is a small town with few options for spaces where teens can make connections with each other and with adults who aren't their immediate family members. Annette is the only library employee, and historically it has been challenging to dedicate time and resources to teen services. Annette has been working on addressing this for a long time! This summer's approach of outdoor games<https://www.facebook.com/HelixPublicLibrary/posts/3967146773414897> is working really well! I want to celebrate this effort and recognize that sometimes it takes a very long time to see the outcomes we are hoping for. And sometimes the outcomes we are hoping for won't get headlines, but they matter greatly to the families we serve.

Thanks to all of you for your continued work this week and I hope you have a good weekend.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]