[R2R-OR] November Ready to Read Updates - Action Required

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Nov 10 09:26:38 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

Happy Fall! It's that time of year when things are happening with Ready to Read:

  *   2021 Reports are due December 1st. They were assigned to the staff person who applied back in June of 2020. If we knew about a staffing change and the new staff person applied for the 2022 grant, we assigned the report to that person. If we knew there was a staffing change but it was very recent, we assigned the report to the director. The person assigned the report got the e-mail with instructions. If you'd like this task to be assigned to someone else in your organization, please let me  know as soon as possible.

  *   2022 Grant Payment Forms: For 2022 grants, the person who applied got an e-mail saying they need to fill out a payment form. We will not be able to process payments without this form completed. You may remember this was done via paper previously and we hadn't used the online system for this yet. Bear with us this first year doing this, next year this will be available much sooner! If you submitted the 2022 application but are not the person in charge of the library's budget (if you are for example, the youth librarian), you will need to make sure you confirm this method with your budget person. Directors, please know your youth librarians assigned this task may need to check in. Please do this as soon as possible, we want to make sure you all get the funds in December!

We have been moving communications about grant-related tasks to communicate directly with the person submitting the application and reports, but we know with staffing changes and larger libraries with more staff this may not always work well.  We still need to catch other folks with Ready to Read messages and we don't have the perfect communication system. All that to say, thank you for understanding when we don't have the right person to talk to. Please let me know if there's someone at your library who should be hearing about Ready to Read who isn't right now.

Thanks so much for all the work you do to make this program work, and for the work you will all do next year with kids across Oregon. I especially appreciate your attention in a busy holiday season. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with questions/comments/ideas/feedback.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]