[R2R-OR] Friday, July 15th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jul 15 06:54:47 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

It's my last day visiting libraries in Curry, Coos, and Lincoln counties. It's  been so wonderful to see libraries in action! At Curry, I got in just at the end of a station-based program. One station was a table where Janee had set up some old electronics from Goodwill for kids to take apart and put together. One mom was so excited about what her kid did, she asked if she could show me a video of them taking apart a keyboard.  She was so proud!

And  yesterday I was at North Bend, arriving ahead of a bird feeder program. Laura was wondering if folks would come, which I remember doing ahead of every program! You just never know...But as I was leaving, the meeting room was full of families with small ones happily getting messy, birdseed-covered hands.

I know programs look different across the state and not everyone can do them right now. Or they are very limited. And that's definitely okay, no matter where your library is at. And staffing is tricky everywhere, there are real barriers to this work right now. But I want to shoutout your summer reading work - whatever you are able to do right now - being able to see such joy in families' faces was so wonderful this week. Kids and families need safe and welcoming spaces to play in, and you are providing that! Thanks so much for all you are doing this summer for families in your neck of the woods. I'm grateful I got to see this week just a little bit of how much it matters to them.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]