[R2R-OR] Ready to Read 2024 Update

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Jan 4 16:17:11 PST 2024

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you all know we are experiencing some delays with Ready to Read grant payments. There have been staffing changes at the agency that processes payments for us. This has resulted in delays and a change in how libraries will be paid this year - most libraries, even if set up for direct deposit, will receive a paper check in the mail. We have not been able to mail those yet, we need to make some corrections before that will be possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let Buzzy and I know how we can help you if this does cause any issues with your finance folks.

As a heads up, due to this delay/miscommunication - and also because we have attempted a few different strategies to make this work better the last couple years, but those don't seem to be working! - we anticipate that we are going to only mail paper checks for 2025 funds.  Much of the payment process is out of our control, we want to make this work better where we can. We think that may be a better option for us and in turn, for all of you. We'll let you know more about that in the fall.

When we are able to mail/process the 2024 payments we will let you know! I anticipate this being early next week, it may be possible tomorrow. I'll let you know either way!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]