[R2R-OR] Ready to Read Applications Open Today

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Jul 1 14:26:31 PDT 2024

Dear libraries,

Ready to Read grant applications for 2025 are open and available as of today!

You will find all necessary links, materials, and instructions at the State Library website:  https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/readytoreadgrant/applicationguidelines.

  *   Preliminary grant amounts are projected grant amounts for each public library. Please be aware amounts may change slightly if for some reason any libraries do not apply for this grant. All funds allocated for this grant must be distributed among all applying libraries.
  *   All libraries eligible for Ready to Read have organizational accounts set up in the online grant system and should not create new accounts. If your library has had staffing changes and a new employee will be completing the application, please get in touch to make sure we can keep your online account up to date.

The LibGuide linked above includes examples of how Ready to Read funds are currently being used. Please be in touch with any questions about how your library wishes to use Ready to Read funds or about the application process. Any library staff member is welcome to call or e-mail. You can also access my calendar to book a virtual meeting that works for your schedule, using the booking link in my signature below. I'll send a Zoom link once the booking is made, and look forward to seeing some of you soon!

2025 Ready to Read key dates:

  *   August 31, 2024: Per ORS 543.040.0030, applications must be received by this date in the online grants system. Applications submitted after this date will be denied.
  *   October 1, 2024: Libraries notified of application's acceptance or rejection (or earlier, e-mailed through online grant system).
  *   October 11, 2024: State Library Board meeting. Any libraries denied a grant may present an appeal to the Board.
  *   December 1, 2024: 2024 grant reports due in online grants system.
  *   December 31, 2024: 2025 grant funds distributed by this date.
  *   January 1, 2025: Start spending 2025 grant funds.
  *   December 1, 2025: 2025 reports due in online grants system.
  *   December 31, 2025: All 2025 grant funds must be spent.

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put into this process and serving your community.

Sincerely,

Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>