[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] Website Updates: cookies now online!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jul 9 08:52:57 PDT 2009

Hello!  I have finally updated the RFHF website, thank you for your patience!

Cookies: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.project.plans.cookies.shtml
Learn about the plans your supervisors and other cohorts are working on to create parent groups, get more giveaway books, provide library cards, model early literacy activities for parents, provide transportation to the library, and to sustain RFHF the next 5 years.  This is an excellent resource for planning partnerships and early literacy programs.

Guidance on reporting parent education sessions and other aspects of RFHF was updated in May 2009, it is now online: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.applications.shtml#Guidance_

You may be interested in reading this article about RFHF that appeared in School Library Journal.  This is the first national recognition for all the good work you are doing to implement RFHF locally! "Something to Smile About: A Statewide Early Literacy Program is Making a Big Difference" By Renea Arnold and Nell Colburn--School Library Journal, 5/1/2009 http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6654562.html

Don't forget, the special topics PowerPoints are now online: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.special.topics.shtml

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

Katie Anderson

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528