[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] Library logs due

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Feb 4 16:01:06 PST 2011

Attention Library Staff:

It is time to submit your monthly Reading for Healthy Families recording log used to keep track of the families you are presenting the Reading for Healthy Families (Every Child Ready to Read @ your library) curriculum to. A blank log is attached, or you can download and save the "Recording Log" to your computer from: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.recording.log.shtml#Recording_Log.

Please email your completed log to me at katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>.  You can also print your completed log and fax it to 503-378-6439 or mail it to me at 250 Winter St. NE, Salem OR 97301.

Tips for filling out your log:

*         Many people are uncomfortable signing in or providing their name, therefore "Family Name" is not required.  Please just identify them as 'Family 1', 'Family 2', etc. and list them individually on your log.  See the attached 'sample.log' for an example.

*         The "Six Skills Overview" workshop is not on the drop-down menu under "Main Education Session Emphasized".  If you presented this session, please select "Print Motivation" instead.

*         "Session Time" is in 15 minute increments only.  Please round your session time up or down to the closest 15 minute increment.
Remember, you may not count childcare providers, preschool teachers, or other early childhood professionals because NPC Research and our funders are evaluating parent education only.  However, we hope you won't exclude them from your early literacy education sessions.  If you present sessions to early childhood professionals, please include these numbers in the body of your email when you send your completed recording log-it will be excellent addition data to support the program and demonstrate libraries commitment to early literacy.

You no longer need to submit logs after you have provided early literacy education to15 families.

Thanks to all of you who have already submitted your recording logs or have met your commitment of serving 15 families!

Take care,
Katie