[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] Say 'thank you' to Joann Contini

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Jan 5 12:28:32 PST 2011

Hi!  I am nominating Joann Contini for the Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award, and am writing to ask those of you who feel Joann directly contributed to improving your work with children and families to support my nomination.  Joann has done a tremendous job not only coordinating all the Reading for Healthy Families trainings, but her expertise in brain development, early literacy, and professional development in Oregon has led her to be a mentor to many of you.  This is your opportunity to thank her for all the work she has done to teach us about early literacy and help us improve our work with the children and families in Oregon.

All you have to do is email me (katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>) one or two short paragraphs describing how Joann helped you in your early literacy work and how it benefited the children and families you work with by Monday, January 24th.  Please be sure to include your name, program/library name, and the city you work in-I want to show the award committee that Joann has brought early childhood professionals from different agencies together all across the state!

Joann does not know she is being nominated so please keep this confidential!
Do not 'reply all' to this email or Joann will receive it too and find out.

The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award is to honor an educator who has made a significant contribution in the fields of literacy and/or library services that has benefited the children of Oregon. It is awarded annually by the Children's Services Division of the Oregon Library Association.

Thank you,
Katie