[RFHF] Congratulations--RFHF has come to an end!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jan 19 12:44:05 PST 2012

Dear RFHF participants,

Congratulations, all of you have now completed Reading for Healthy Families training and implementation!  None of you have to submit pink sheets (Healthy Start staff) or library logs (library staff) anymore. Jerod Tarte at NPC research is working on the final evaluation of RFHF and will be sending all of you one last survey. The last survey will be used to learn how many early literacy activities, partnerships, and education sessions have been sustained since RFHF trainings were completed. Please look for the survey in February and fill it out for inclusion in the final evaluation of Reading for Healthy Families.

While RFHF has ended, we hope that you will continue to use the knowledge you gained and the resources you were given to provide high-quality early literacy activities, resources and education in your community. As promised, the State Library will continue to provide the following resources for all of you:

*         Early literacy consulting services: Just send an email (katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>) or pick up the phone (503-378-2528) and let me know what I can help you with.

*         The RFHF early literacy website: I will continue to add early literacy and related resources and research online at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.home.page.shtml

*         The RFHF early literacy email discussion list: This listserv is now open to all early childhood professionals in Oregon interested in early literacy and related topics. It is available for you to network and share resources with each other. I will also continue to email research, resources, and information via this listserv.

Thank you all and good luck on your future early literacy adventures!

Katie Anderson