[RFHF] ECRR 2nd Ed: Learn how Klamath County Library is using it!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Mar 29 15:00:25 PDT 2012

Hi! This winter Klamath County Library presented two of the new Every Child Ready to Read 2nd Edition adult and child workshops and generously are letting me share their experience with you! Attached are .pdfs of the PowerPoint slides they used to present their workshops-please keep in mind the notes they added to the slides were written for their eyes only to help them during the presentation so please excuse any grammatical or spelling errors! Most libraries should have the DVDs with these PowerPoints on them that they can edit for their own use just as Klamath County Library has done. For those of who don't own the ECRR2nd Ed kit and therefore can't access these PowerPoints, the kit (which includes the DVDs with these PowerPoints) is available to check out via interlibrary loan from the State Library (details below).

Here is what Dru from Klamath County Library said after using the updated curriculum:
I really liked it. I am attaching my edited version for the parent class and for the caregivers in case you would like to see what I did.  The parents stayed engaged the whole time. I had two parents come and share with me that they learned something new and enjoyed it.  It seemed easier to edit and fit to the audiences I had and [they didn't have] intimidating language. I felt like I shared good information!! I have defiantly found that the more hands on actual songs, rhymes, actions , flannel etc I can share the better response. Both really liked having things to take home to use.  The caregivers were writing down information during the presentation!!

I would like to thank the staff at Klamath County Library for so generously sharing the PowerPoint slides they worked so hard to edit for their presentations.

Enjoy!
Katie
Title--Every child ready to read @ your library [kit]
Pub. Info.--Chicago : ALSC/PLA, c2011
Edition--2nd ed

Healthy Start and other non-library staff:

The above title is available to check out.  Here is what you can do to check it out:

*               Go to your library's website and look up the title in the online catalog.

*               If your library has this title, put it on hold/check it out as you would any other library item.

*               If your library does not have this title, call either your personal contact at the library or call the main library number and ask for the reference desk.

*               Provide the full title information listed above and tell them you would like to check it out via interlibrary loan.  The librarian will be able to help you through that process.

Library staff:

This title is available for interlibrary loan from the Oregon State Library. If you would like to request this or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process or send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119.  Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos).  Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way.