[Self-Management_OR] Compass data system implementation & books update

Chisholm Laura F laura.f.chisholm at state.or.us
Fri Jan 15 14:33:30 PST 2016

Dear Self-Management Network partners,

Happy 2016! Here's the latest installment in our series of updates on the Compass data portal:

*         2015 data is in! A big thank you to the many Stanford program coordinators who sent in packets and worked with our team to identify missing data and correct errors in the program data set. The final quality check has been completed. Hurray!

*         QTAC, the Compass vendor, has prepared the "shell" of Compass, new data system. Our team is now working with the QTAC team to translate 2015 Oregon program data into Compass. Due to the complexity of the data set, this process is taking longer than we'd originally estimated. It's crucial to have the 2015 data pre-loaded into the new system before we begin training, so we'll be adjusting our training schedule accordingly. The Compass trainings originally announced for January 21, 26, and 29 will be rescheduled. Look for announcements soon about new training dates in February.

*         I've also been in touch with program coordinators about the memorandum of understanding that will need to be in place to enable access to Compass for your organization. Several have come back to us already (thank you!). Please get these in as soon as possible. The information privacy and security training and non-disclosure agreement required for Compass users will be very similar to those currently on our website at http://public.health.oregon.gov/DiseasesConditions/ChronicDisease/LivingWell/Pages/reportprograminfo.aspx. Updated versions will be available soon.

*         Some of you have been asking about the plan for distributing Stanford program books. As you may remember, due to changes in our funding OHA is no longer able to purchase books. We do have some stockpiled, and we'll begin final distribution in February. I am now working with our friendly mailroom folks to come up with a plan that won't overwhelm their limited resources. I'll send an email soon to Living Well/CDSMP and Tomando Control coordinators to explain the process for requesting books. They will be distributed based on financial need and estimated future program delivery volume. We will also distribute books that are still due to organizations in return for 2015 data in February. If you need yours sooner, please email living.well at state.or.us<mailto:living.well at state.or.us> and we'll do our best to help.

Best regards,
Laura

Laura F. Chisholm, MPH, MA, MCHES, RYT
Self-Management Technical Lead
Oregon Public Health Division

laura.f.chisholm at state.or.us
Desk:    971-673-0987
Mobile: 503-841-4842

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D10D96.C6B9DCE0]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply email, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.