[Sora] 2nd Call for Presenters/Save the Date - State of Oregon Research Academy May 5 Event

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Fri Apr 8 16:04:20 PDT 2016

Hello SORA folks,

Here is a 2nd call for a 2nd presenter at our upcoming May 5 event.  Looking for someone to share their research.

Don’t be shy, I’m sure many of you are involved in some fascinating project.

Please see below.

Best,

-Jerry Curry
Oregon State Library
SORA List Admin & Volunteer Coordinator

[cid:image003.png at 01D191B0.4F341520]
The State of Oregon Research Academy’s next event will be held on May 5 at the Oregon Employment Department Auditorium in Salem. Based on feedback from last year’s event, SORA members would like to see two presentations of about 45 minutes each, with a break in between for networking. The format of these presentations will be a brief discussion on the RESULTS of a project, followed by an outline of the METHODS used to reach these results.

SORA’s May 5 event will have TWO presentations, and ONE of those presentation slots is up for grabs!

                2:00-2:45 – Leslie Leve, Professor in Counseling Psychology, University of Oregon

                2:45-3:00 – Networking break

                3:00-3:45 – TO BE DETERMINED

The 3:00 “TO-BE-DETERMINED” presentation could be YOURS!  Here’s what we’re looking for:

·         A brief discussion on the results of one of your research projects.

·         The methodology used to find these results.

Please let us know if you are interested in sharing your work! We are open to all state agencies, and love to see a variety of work at our events. Your project could be completed, or still in the works. We are flexible! The attached PDF describes this event.

And be sure to save the date for this event:

May 5, 2016
Oregon Employment Department Auditorium
875 Union St. NE
Salem, OR 97311.

Jan D. McCoy, PhD, OPMA
Vice-Chair, State of Oregon Research Academy
Oregon Department of Education<http://www.ode.state.or.us/>
255 Capitol St NE ∙ Salem, OR ∙ 97310-1300
jan.mccoy at state.or.us<mailto:jan.mccoy at state.or.us>

Jerry Curry
Reference Librarian
Oregon State Library
Salem, OR

jerry.w.curry at state.or.us<mailto:jerry.w.curry at state.or.us>
503-378-5008

Check out our databases & resources or
request a presentation to your work group.
http://library.state.or.us