[Sora] Job Opportunity - SAIF Advanced Analytics Modeler

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Mon Oct 23 17:22:26 PDT 2017

Forwarding on behalf of Kelli Schmidt at SAIF, Kelli Schmidt kelsch at saif.com<mailto:kelsch at saif.com>

My apologies if you receive this twice.  We will be retiring the Sora_job_announcement list soon and begin posting job opportunities to this list, the main SORA list.

-Jerry Curry
SORA Volunteer Coordinator
SORA Mailing List Owner

SAIF Corporation has an advanced data modeler position open for application.
Overview
Although what we do is all about helping real people-making workplaces safe and helping injured workers heal-there's math involved in it. This job is about applying math and statistics to derive insight from data.

This job requires a blend of math and statistics skills, as well as technical and soft skills. You'll essentially be responsible for predictive modeling, data analysis, and developing advanced analytic models to be used across the company. You'll also be responsible for communicating the rationale and the value of the model. You have to be a strong team player and be willing to work in cross-functional teams.

Specifically, you'll identify correlating factors that impact the outcome and can be used to do predictive modeling. You'll work with your team and other SAIF staff to build the model and integrate it with our systems. You'll help develop processes to evaluate, assess, and maintain the models on an ongoing basis. And, you'll estimate the potential impact of different models; compile and analyze data to support analytics models and reports; and use third-party data to improve the accuracy and usefulness of our models.

Naturally, you'll need education and experience in math and statistics. Plus, experience deploying statistical and advanced analytics modeling solutions, and experience using models to influence decisions by extracting and analyzing data. Experience with SQL, SAS, and or R is a plus.

For more information and application, please go to:
https://jobs-saif.icims.com/jobs/2212/advanced-analytics-modeler/job

Thank you!

Kelli Schmidt, Analytics Coordinator
SAIF Corporation | Information Services
400 High St SE | Salem, Oregon 97312 | P: 503.373.8288
P: 800.285.8525 | F: 503.584.8288 | kelsch at saif.com<mailto:kelsch at saif.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately at helpdesk at saif.com<mailto:helpdesk at saif.com>, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Jerry Curry
Reference Librarian/eClips Editor<https://statelibraryeclips.wordpress.com/>
jerry.w.curry at state.or.us<mailto:jey.a.wann at state.or.us>
Phone 503-378-5008| www.oregon.gov/osl<http://www.oregon.gov/osl>