[Sora] Resources and Events for SAS Users

CHAPMAN Tasha L * DCBS Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov
Thu Apr 26 11:02:12 PDT 2018

Hello SORA members!

Many of you may be using SAS Software in your analytics and data work.  We'd like to let you know about some upcoming events and newly available resources tailored just for you!

Western Users of SAS Software Conference and Educational Forum is coming to Sacramento, CA in September 2018.  The Call for Papers is open now.  But hurry with your submissions!  The deadline to submit is May 7th.  Click here for more info<http://wuss18.org/be-a-presenter/>.

If you are a new SAS user, you may be eligible for the New SAS Professional Scholarship, which covers partial expenses to attend the WUSS Conference.  There are also scholarships available for students and faculty.  Click here for more info<http://wuss18.org/new-sas-professional-award/>.

For those interested in something more local, the Oregon Mid Willamette Valley SAS Users Group will be meeting in Salem on May 30th.  If you're interested in presenting, contact Kelli Schmidt at kelsch at saif.com<mailto:kelsch at saif.com>.  Otherwise, we hope to see you in May!
When:         May 30th from 1:30 - 3:30
Where:        The Labor and Industries Building, Room 260, 350 Winter Street NE, Salem, OR

SAS Global Forum 2018 was held earlier this month in Denver.  If you missed the conference you can still catch recordings of some of the most popular presentations.  If you're looking for some recommendations, may I suggest Josh Horstman's talk on how to Merge with Caution, Art Carpenter's presentation on Using Hash Tables, or the ever vibrant AnnMaria De Mars' (aka World Judo Champion and Ronda Rousey's mother) session on Bricolage.  Click here to check it out.<http://video.sas.com/sasgf18/category/videos/breakout-sessions>

Thanks all!  Keep it SASsy!

Tasha Chapman

Tasha Chapman
Senior Research Analyst
Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services
Tasha.L.Chapman at Oregon.gov<mailto:Tasha.L.Chapman at Oregon.gov>
(503)947-7309
350 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301

Find out more about the State of Oregon Research Academy at OregonResearch.org