[Sora] Save the Date: Census Conferences in September

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Tue Aug 7 16:20:26 PDT 2018

The return of the annual and ever-popular PSU Population Center/U.S. Census Bureau presentation.  Please save the date.

See below.
-Jerry
Oregon Census State Data Center Affiliates:

2018 Data Users conferences are scheduled on the 12th and 13th of September.  I hope you can attend one of them.

  *   Salem -- Wed, Sept 12th at the Employment Department Auditorium
  *   Portland  -- Thurs, Sept 13th at the Native American Student and Community Center, PSU

This year will include additional topics related to the 2020 Census as well as general topics for data users.  Census Bureau regional and headquarters staff will cover the following:

  *   2020 Partnerships and Complete Count Committees
  *   2020 Geographic programs (address canvassing, LUCA results, PSAP plans)
  *   Local Census Offices
  *   Defining rural areas
  *   New data tool - data.census.gov

The events will be open to the public.  As always, SDC affiliates will have priority for registration.

We will be in a larger room at PSU this year, so details about video and/or possible live streaming still need to be worked out.  I hope to have a solution for those who can't attend in person.

When the agenda is set we will open registration, likely a few weeks from now.

-Charles

--

Charles Rynerson

Population Research Center