[Sora] Join us for two amazing presentations in May

CHAPMAN Tasha L * DCBS Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov
Thu May 2 10:33:14 PDT 2019

Hello SORA,

We know you're excited for the upcoming Q&A session with Oregon's inaugural Chief Data Officer, Kathryn Helms.  But did we mention that our May event will also feature Marganne Allen from the Oregon Department of Forestry?  Don't miss her presentation on ODF Forest Practices Compliance Audit - Science, Education, and Reporting in the Fishbowl.

ODF Forest Practices Compliance Audit - Science, Education, and Reporting in the Fishbowl
Marganne Allen, Oregon Department of Forestry
In 2011, the Oregon Legislature directed the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) to conduct regular auditing of timber harvest practices regulated under the Oregon Forest Practices Act (FPA) and to use a private contractor.  Recent scrutiny from the public and some Board of Forestry (Board) members has raised questions about the level of statistical rigor in the compliance audit design.  This highlights an ongoing challenge for ODF and the Board: how rigorous must monitoring design and data collection be in order to support agency work, Board decision making, and legislative reporting?

SORA May Event
Thursday, May 30, 2019
2pm-4pm
Labor and Industries Building
350 Winter St. NE, Salem
Room 260

Also, don't forget Data Happy Happy Hour, happening today, May 2nd, from 4-6pm at Hopheads (150 High St. SE)!

See you there,

[cid:image001.png at 01D500D0.89D89DD0]Tasha Chapman
2019 SORA Communications Coordinator