[Sora] SORA event coming up 12/15!

CHAPMAN Tasha L * DCBS Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov
Wed Dec 9 17:19:32 PST 2020

Hi SORA!

Below is a recap of our last event, information on our upcoming event, and a callout for participation in the 2021 executive committee...

Last event
Thanks to everyone that attended our first virtual event on Tuesday! In case you missed it, you can view it on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkhs7pjt4Y.

During the event, a few folks from the executive committee shared some work that they've done this year.  Hannah Osinga, SORA 2020 Chair, shared the goals and performance measures the executive committee set this year, and also introduced a data literacy program idea. The initial feedback of the data literacy program has been very positive.

Upcoming event
You are all invited to come to our next virtual event on Tuesday (12/15) at 4-4:30pm via Zoom. We'll be asking what you'd like to see from SORA in 2021, knowing that we'll likely continue in our virtual environment through at least the first part of the year. We'd love to know what would be of most interest to you, e.g. virtual data happy hours, catch-up style events to learn what people in data-related professions are doing in different departments, or even virtual webinars. If you have feedback, but aren't able to make the meeting, feel free to contact the SORA executive committee at sora at oregonresearch.org<mailto:sora at oregonresearch.org>.

2021 executive committee recruitment
Are you passionate about SORA's mission and work? Please considering joining the Executive Committee! The commitment is to attend hour-long monthly meetings and to help plan at least one event. You can be elected into an officer position, e.g. secretary, communications coordinator, etc. or just serve in a general position. If you're interested in it, or would like to learn more, please contact Hannah Osinga at hanosi at saif.com<mailto:hanosi at saif.com>.

We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday and in the upcoming year!

[cid:image001.png at 01D53B14.58BB6B00]Tasha Chapman
2020 SORA Communications Coordinator