[Sora] SORA - Anyone using crowdsourcing software? What and how?

Brandt Robin L ROBIN.L.BRANDT at dhsoha.state.or.us
Fri Oct 30 11:00:43 PDT 2020

Hello SORA!

I am considering conducting some information gathering and I would like suggestions on an easy to use and low to no cost software for gathering information using crowdsourcing.

Do you know if other state programs are using any programs? What is it used to do? What is the cost?

An example of this type of crowdsourcing is the federal Department of Labor, ODEP’s (Office of Disability Employment Policy) use of a software program called Idea Scale.

ODEP- similar to Vocational Rehabilitation - focuses on providing services to persons with disabilities. ODEP has used Idea Scale to gather information about issues that are facing people with disabilities seeking successful employment. I saw a presentation at a virtual conference earlier this week talking about these efforts (https://ktdrr.org/conference2020/expo/materials/KTDRR20-AdlerAlbanese-508.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ktdrr.org_conference2020_expo_materials_KTDRR20-2DAdlerAlbanese-2D508.pdf&d=DwMGaQ&c=7gilq_oJKU2hnacFUWFTuYqjMQ111TRstgx6WoATdXo&r=oaPTaeEA1gK5HYUsRQSKMn0DiHaTGdbnCO1hVcY5pXyFVQOc7r6arDXwdd1iiShZ&m=bH-idWCsWOqHSWEax5bgw0awSLtrpUYmiupHdpcD5FE&s=lB2KYkzvd6xbO2d8NEa48w2n_VHCJEsPl2nthOW-NSk&e=>).

Crowdsourcing is not something that VR programs have used to gather information for solutions as ODEP has (for 45 areas of investigation).

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Robin Brandt

Robin L Brandt PhD, Policy Analyst
Policy & Training
Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation
500 Summer Street NE E-87
Salem, Oregon 97301-1120
503-945-5857 (p)
503-507-5226 (mobile)
503-945-5052 (fax)
robin.l.brandt@ state.or.us<mailto:robin.l.brandt@%20state.or.us>

E kuahui like i ka hana. 'A'ohe hana nui ke alu 'ia.
Let everybody pitch in and work together. No task is too big when done by all.
Mary Kawena Pukui, ‘Ōlelo No‘eau: Hawaiian Proverbs and Poetical Sayings.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6AEA9.24F5E890]

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.