[Sora] senior researcher positions at ODE

MARTINEZ-WENZL Mary * ODE Mary.Martinez-Wenzl at ode.oregon.gov
Thu Apr 21 11:47:02 PDT 2022

The Oregon Department of Education has two exciting openings on our Multilingual and Migrant Education team.

It is for REQ-94536, Senior Researchers for Migrant and Multilingual Education (Research Analyst 4) Two positions.

The link to apply is: https://bit.ly/MME_RA4_x2

We are seeking two Research Analyst 4s for the Multilingual and Migrant Education Team. The working titles for these positions are Senior Researcher for Multilingual and English Learner Education and Senior Researcher for Migrant Education. These are full-time roles and limited duration positions expected to end June 30, 2023; however, both positions may be extended pending funding approval. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible. These are classified roles represented by Service Employees International Union<http://seiu503.org/> (SEIU). Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this position will start off fully remote with a possibility of returning to a physical office in the future.

These positions are responsible for planning, leading, and managing the development, implementation, and evaluation of major research or complex data analyses pertaining to the federal Title I-C and Title III programs under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), most recently reauthorized as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The Senior Researcher for Migrant Education will focus on the Title I-C program, and the Senior Researcher for Multilingual and English Learner Education will focus on the Title III program.

These positions initiate and design research studies and evaluations, establish and ensure data quality, and support Title I-C and Title III reporting requirements, respectively. The primary purpose of these positions is to support ODE and partners throughout the state to leverage data, research, and evidence to support the improvement of educational opportunities and to advance equitable outcomes for Oregon's migrant and multilingual English Learner students.

The Senior Researchers for Migrant Education and Multilingual and English Learner Education will each play an essential role in ensuring that Oregon has the necessary resources and structures established to support our districts, schools, and families in meeting the strengths and needs of our migrant and emergent bilingual students and their families. Both positions will have the opportunity to work with Oregon's migrant and multilingual communities, Tribes, education partners at the national and local level, and community partners to design equitable opportunities for Oregon's migrant and emergent bilingual students. Come be the heart of the action and help design and implement systems that will drive improved opportunities for migrant students across the state, network with professionals, and engage Oregon's communities so they can thrive. Make a difference that is both measurable and meaningful!

Mary Martinez-Wenzl, Ph.D. (she/her/ella)
Director of Multilingual and Migrant Education
Office of Teaching, Learning, & Assessment
Phone: (971) 209-6338
Mary.Martinez-Wenzl at ode.oregon.gov<mailto:Mary.Martinez-Wenzl at ode.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/ode<http://www.oregon.gov/ode>

[Oregon Department of Education]
Oregon achieves . . . together!