[TL-Directors] Gale Database Transition-UPDATE

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Aug 17 11:25:21 PDT 2009

Dear Library Directors:

1. The transition website is now the implementation website. There is no longer access to trials of the databases. Tech support at Gale is working on loading your IP addresses and location ID's. We had hoped to have that done by today but it will be tomorrow (August 18th) at the earliest. I will send a message as soon as that is completed. At that point you should be able to locate your library on the drop down menu and the URL's for the statewide databases will be available to you.

2. The agreement forms are now on the website: http://www.galesupport.com/oregon for download. The link is at the top of the page and is titled: Oregon State Library Forms for you to complete & return. Even though there is no cost to libraries for these databases, we will still need documentation that you want to be included in the database program and that you agree to the OLA ILL code. To facilitate that we have posted any documents that require a signature to the implementation website. Please download, sign and return the forms to the State Library.

3. If you currently subscribe to Gale databases and have not been given access to the statewide package please contact Gale technical support, contact information is on the implementation website on the right hand side.

4. Ann Reed and Jen Maurer are coordinating the training for the Gale databases, they have sent information out about Welcome to Gale webinars that will be held in August. In-person training will begin in September and information will be distributed as soon as it is available.

5. If you have questions please let me know and I will do my best to get them answered.

MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Library Development Program Manager
Oregon State Library