[TL-Directors] Future Ready grant for libraries serving middle schoolers - deadline May 15th

Ferol Weyand ferol.weyand at state.or.us
Mon Apr 8 17:21:09 PDT 2019

From: Greta Bergquist [mailto:greta.bergquist at state.or.us]
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 4:24 PM
To: OYAN Listserv; 'kids-lib at listsmart.osl.state.or.us'; tl-directors at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:tl-directors at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: Future Ready grant for libraries serving middle schoolers - deadline May 15th

Hello library staff serving middle schoolers,

If you are a small, rural, and/or tribal library, consider applying for the YALSA/ARSL Future Ready project<http://yalsa.ala.org/blog/2019/04/03/future-ready-with-the-library-cohort-4-apply-now/>! You might be the perfect candidate for this project if you answer yes to the following:

·         Do you want to join with your community members to support the success of middle school youth and their families?

·         Are you interested in learning more about teens, community engagement, connected learning, and college and career awareness?

·         Would you like to help middle schoolers start to think about how they can turn what they love to do and are interested in into a career?
You do NOT have to be a YALSA member to do this project, and all participation is funded. I went through the online application to see how long it would take and it’s not that long! If you have questions, contact Linda Braun, lbraun at leonline.com<mailto:lbraun at leonline.com>, or see Kate’s e-mail below for her contact info if you’d like to talk to someone doing this already. I’m happy to help in any other way as well, this project offers invaluable training for working with our communities and it would be great to have more Oregon participants!

Best,

Greta B

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant