[TL-Directors] Oregon DOJ Community Conversations about Racism and Bias in July

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu Jun 11 16:51:46 PDT 2020

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D64010.AA3AC140]
Please pardon the cross-posting. I am sending this to the TL-Directors mailing list because one of the conversation topics will be focused on Native Americans.
Hi Folks,

In July, the Oregon Department of Justice will host an online series called Community Conversations<https://www.doj.state.or.us/oregon-department-of-justice/bias-crimes/community-conversations/>. They describe the series this way:

What Gets in the Way? LET'S TALK ABOUT...

*         Your experiences with institutional racism and implicit bias

*         Oregon's new hate crime law

*         How Oregon DOJ can engage with your community
The time for meaningful change is now. Help us open pathways to justice & support for marginalized & oppressed people in Oregon.

Eleven sessions are planned, each with its own focus like Black/African American, Latinx, LGBTQIA, Native American, and Undocumented/Migrant Farm Worker.

Protocols will be in place to help make the online discussions a safe place to share. As part of that, sessions will not be recorded.

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]