[TL-Directors] Links from Thursday's (5/28) Directors' Virtual Meetup

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu May 28 13:49:27 PDT 2020

Greetings!

Thanks again to everyone who was able to attend today's meeting! A number of questions and challenges were brought so I wanted to share the links that were posted in the chat:

Question about determining occupancy rates and taking into account social distancing requirements:

*        https://www.usfa.fema.gov/coronavirus/planning_response/occupancy_social_distancing.html

Question about liability and safety while re-opening library buildings and spaces:

*        CIS recently published this PDF document, Logistical Guidance for Reopening Local Governments' Buildings to the Public<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/ld.php?content_id=54893003>.

*        General advice: take your usable (public) space in square feet and divide it by 36 (6-foot radius)

What company is a good company to buy external book bins from?

*        Demco was recommended

*        https://www.kingsley.com/ was recommended

Concerns about staff morale / inability to get the immediate and direct feedback during customer service interactions

*        Webinar recommendation: Library responses to COVID-19: Impacts on ongoing low-morale experiences<https://nnlm.gov/class/library-responses-covid19-ongoing-low-morale-experiences/25374>

*        Recorded webinar: Being Trauma Informed during a Pandemic<https://video.emporia.edu/media/Being+Trauma-Informed+During+a+PandemicA+An+Introduction+for+Library+Staff/0_0q6izo9v/137509381> (presented by Bryce Kozla, Youth Services Librarian at Washington County Cooperative Library Services and a trained facilitator in Trauma-Informed Oregon's "Foundations of Trauma-Informed Care." )

*        NNLM  also have some trauma informed resources

Reminder: Feel free to share information about your library's service levels in this open spreadsheet:

*        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11dVNf6jYUUMp_K88pm9UFby7tw0KFx49rtgpLNIhqqE/edit?usp=sharing

Last but not least, if you have a topic you would like the State Library to host a conversation around, please feel free to share your ideas by emailing us at: library.support at state.or.us<mailto:library.support at state.or.us>. Our next topic will be on unemployment and job-seeking services, hosted by Arlene. See our LibGuide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus/home> for more information.

Cheers!
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527| www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image005.png at 01D31C27.4B9FEA30]