[TL-Directors] Save the date! Neurodivergence & Libraries Summit on September 8

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 26 10:34:13 PDT 2023

Greetings! Please pardon the duplicate notice - and please pass this along to your staff and colleagues!

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce that we are providing free, statewide access to the upcoming Neurodivergence & Libraries Summit. This one-day online event is being hosted by the Washington Library Association and will take place on Friday, September 8! Free registration will be available to all library workers from school, academic, tribal, special, and public libraries.

Registration will begin in early August - please wait for additional information from the State Library for free registration! -And if you can't make it live, registrants will have access to the recordings shortly after the event.

In the meantime, here is more information about the summit:

What is neurodiversity? What does the umbrella-term "neurodivergence" encompass? And how can all library types - academic, public, school, and special libraries - feel confident in their ability to combat ableism, to robustly serve neurodivergent patrons with care, and to support their neurodivergent staff?

The virtual Neurodivergence & Libraries Summit offers day-long programming around neurodivergence: a broad overview of what neurodivergence is, how to improve library services for your neurodivergent patrons, current research around the experiences of neurodivergent library workers, conversations around special autism libraries, and more.

Whether you are new to the field or deeply versed, we are hoping that a gentle program that offers breaks, time for questions, and different presentation styles will equip you to feel more confident and to serve as an advocate for your neurodivergent patrons and staff. All sessions will be recorded and made available to all registrants.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9BFAC.B82EDF60]