[TL-Directors] Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association (LIOLA) 2023 July 23 - 25, 2023 Application Open

HANNING Darci C * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Tue May 9 10:44:36 PDT 2023

Hello!

Please pass this along to your staff and colleagues who might be interested in participating in LIOLA 2023:

The Leadership Institute of the Oregon Library Association (LIOLA) is happening!

  *   In-person, July 23-25, 2023 at the Silver Falls Conference Center
  *   Virtually August 8, September 13 and September 27, 2023 (90 minute sessions)

Applications are open and are due no later than June 1; applicants will be notified by June 10. https://www.olaweb.org/liola-app-2023

All Oregon Library Association (OLA) members who meet the eligibility criteria and who are interested in leadership (formal or informal) are encouraged to apply. LIOLA is relevant for people who lead from anywhere, whether or not they are in a management role.

Eligibility criteria:

  *   Current membership in OLA
  *   Current employment in a library
  *   Employment in a library setting for at least three years
  *   One (1) professional letter of reference
  *   Attend and participate fully in the entire institute, complete any pre-institute readings and/or homework, and contribute to post-institute assessment and meetings

Please feel free to contact Jane Corry at jcorryola at gmail.com<mailto:jcorryola at gmail.com> with questions.

The Institute costs $1000. This includes lodging (2 per room), meals (July 23-25) and content developed for the institute.

Scholarships<https://ola.memberclicks.net/scholarships> are available.

Access mentors who will help guide you in your growth. In response to the expressed desires of library workers throughout Oregon, we will be learning leadership skills through an EDI lens. We are thrilled to have Christina Fuller-Gregory (she/her/hers) a librarian, and experienced Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice practitioner as the facilitator. She was named one of 2021 Library Journal's Movers and Shakers<https://www.libraryjournal.com/story/christina-fuller-gregory-movers-shakers-2021-advocates>

LIOLA webpage: https://www.olaweb.org/liola-2023

Apply for LIOLA 2023 here: https://www.olaweb.org/liola-app-2023

Applicant Reference Letter can be uploaded here: http://olaweb.org/liola-reference-letter

Additional Questions? Check out our FAQs and Application Evaluation Rubric<https://ola.memberclicks.net/assets/LIOLA/OLA%20LIOLA%20Application%20%26%20LIOLA%20Scholarship%20FAQ.pdf> or you can email LIOLA at olaweb.org<mailto:LIOLA at olaweb.org>

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

State Library of Oregon | Library Support and Development Services
971-375-3491 | darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow @StateLibraryOR: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image001.png at 01D98262.6D990110]