[TL-Directors] $5,000 connectivity grants for tribes

NIELSEN Buzzy * SLO Buzzy.NIELSEN at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Mar 26 11:33:56 PDT 2024

Hi folks,

The State Library is offering grants of up to $5,000 to libraries and federally recognized tribes in Oregon to enhance connectivity in your communities. We would love to see some applications from any or all of you!

The grants can be used to support projects that increase broadband, connectivity, and technology access for your tribal citizens and/or the public. Projects may include:

  *   Purchasing devices to eliminate barriers to technology (examples: fixed wireless devices or hotspots, phones, tablets, laptops)
  *   Acquiring equipment to enhance Wi-Fi in the library/museum building or out in the community
  *   Establishing or refreshing ADA computer workstations
  *   Purchasing technology to conduct hybrid sessions in public meeting rooms
  *   Setting up dedicated stations for confidential virtual appointments
  *   Purchasing new equipment to increase access to citizens/public to resources in your libraries or museums

You're not limited to these ideas, though! If you have other thoughts, please feel free to reach out to me and we can work through a plan.

Applications are fairly simple. We ask for brief responses on your need, the activities you'd like to carry out, a budget, and the impact the project could have on your community.

The application period will start April 1, 2024, and close April 15, 2024. Grants will be awarded by April 30, 2024. Funds will be distributed in advance and recipients will be expected to commit to spending the entire grant amount to the penny. All funds must be expended by August 31, 2024.

More details, including what you can apply for and how to apply, at https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/lstagrants/connectivity.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or would like to work through a project idea. And if you think there's another department in your tribe that may be interested, please feel free to forward this message.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI (he/him/his)
Tribal Liaison and Program Manager for Library Support
State Library of Oregon
buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:buzzy.nielsen at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Logo for the Library Support & Development Services division at the State Library of Oregon]<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>