[Treasury-News] Warning about phishing e-mail that appears to be from US Bank

COY, Brady T Brady.COY at ost.state.or.us
Mon Feb 2 09:21:30 PST 2009

FYI... Fraudulent E-mails are being sent from what looks like US Bank to different state employees this morning (see example below).  These are phishing attempts and should be deleted.

Dear U.S. Bank customer,

You have received this alerting message, as you are listed to be an SinglePoint(r) user.

We would like to inform you that we are currently carrying out scheduled maintenance of banking software, that operates customer database for SinglePoint? users. Customer database is based on a client-server protocol, so, in order to finish the update procedure, we need customer direct participation. Every SinglePoint? user has to complete a SinglePoint? Customer Form. In order to access the form, please use the link below. The link is unique for each account holder and expires within a certain period of time. If you don't fill in SinglePoint? Customer Form before your unique link expires, the system will automatically send you a new notification message.

Sincerely,

U.S. Bank Online Customer Service

Please do not reply to this email.