[Treasury-News] Furlough Days and impact on Treasury File processes

COY, Brady T Brady.COY at ost.state.or.us
Wed Sep 23 09:35:40 PDT 2009

Most state agencies will be taking mandatory furlough days over the course of the current biennium.  Treasury staff will be taking furlough days as well, but on a floating/rotating basis.  Because of this, Treasury will be open for business as usual on all state mandatory furlough days.

Many agencies send files to or receive files from Treasury on a daily basis.  Agencies shut down for mandatory furlough days should take time now to review their file transfer processes.

Agencies sending Site to Site ACH origination files to Treasury on furlough days
*       Treasury will observe our normal daily cutoff time for Site to Site origination activity of 10 AM on each furlough day.
*       Agencies sending Site to Site ACH origination files to Treasury should provide a point of contact that can be reached if there is a problem with one of your Site to Site ACH files received on a furlough day.  If there is an issue with an agency's Site to Site ACH origination file on a furlough day, and Treasury is unable to contact the agency to have a corrected file resent, Treasury will be unable to send the file to the bank.
Agencies receiving files from Treasury on furlough days (Redeemed check file, post file, ACH returned item file or ACH Incoming file)
*       Treasury will prepare and make available all output files at normal times on all furlough days.
*       Agencies that are unable to pull in their Treasury files on a furlough day can contact Treasury's Operations Help Desk on the business day following the furlough day and request that the missed files be placed in your agency's FTP directory to be picked up.  Treasury's Operations Help Desk can be reached at 503-990-1667.
*       Incoming ACH reports and ACH returned item reports will be available on our web portal as normal on the morning of each furlough day.  Redeemed check reports and agency account statements will be available on our web portal as normal on the afternoon of each furlough day.  Historical information going back three years is always available on our web portal.

Please contact Rhonda Bachmann at 503-378-8256 or Brady Coy at 503-378-2457 if you have any questions about furlough day impacts on file transfers between your agency and Treasury.  Agency contacts for Site to Site ACH origination on furlough days can be provided to either Rhonda Bachmann or Brady Coy.