[Treasury-News] Oregon State Treasury | ACH Processing Reminders

OST NEWSLISTS OST.NEWSLISTS at ost.state.or.us
Thu Mar 26 11:23:07 PDT 2020

[cid:image007.png at 01D60360.E9A9C750]
Processing Reminders
With many state employees working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to remind you about key information related to ACH processing. Please make this information available to the staff that will have any responsibility for ACH processing within your agency at any point in time. Agencies also should have access to the current Treasury ACH Communication Plan for the ACH notification and error resolution process. Please contact customersolutions at ost.state.or.us<mailto:customersolutions at ost.state.or.us> if you do not.

What do I need to do with ACH Confirmations?
An ACH Confirmation is notice to the agency that Treasury picked up the agency's ACH file. At least one person should be designated to verify that the item count and dollar amount on the ACH Confirmation match the item count and total dollar amount of the file sent. Contact Treasury at ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us<mailto:ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us> to inquire about any discrepancies on ACH Confirmations.
[cid:image009.png at 01D60360.E9A9C750]
What if I don't receive an ACH Confirmation?
If an agency sent an ACH file to Treasury but did not receive an ACH Confirmation by 11:00 a.m., Treasury likely did NOT pick up the file. Contact Treasury at ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us<mailto:ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us> to inquire about the missing ACH Confirmation.

What if I need to increase the dollar limit for ACH?
Agencies should plan for cash needs in advance. Review possible transactions prior to leaving for vacation and request limit increases in advance to avoid Treasury not being able to process transactions. If dollar limits are exceeded, Treasury will require proper authorization prior to increasing an agency's limits.

What is the cutoff time for sending ACH files?
The daily cutoff time for sending ACH files to Treasury via FTP is 10:00 a.m. The daily cutoff time for STAN online transactions is 1:00 p.m.

Note: Treasury will not correct errors in ACH files. It is important for agency ACH contacts to be available between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for error resolution.

Limited exceptions can be made to the FTP cutoff time, though agencies must contact Treasury at ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us<mailto:ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us> prior to 10:00 a.m. with any processing issues or requests for a late pickup.

Who should I contact if I have issues with ACH?
All ACH issues should be reported to ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us<mailto:ach.exception.notify at ost.state.or.us>. Contacts made directly to individual Treasury staff will not guarantee that your needs are met in a timely manner.
[cid:image010.png at 01D60360.E9A9C750]
350 Winter Street NE, Suite 100
Salem, OR 97301-3896