[gis_info] Linn County GIS Analyst position
sbarnett at co.linn.or.us
Thu Feb 22 16:19:05 PST 2018
Linn County has an open GIS Analyst position. Information on the position is listed below.
GIS Program Manager
PO Box 100
Albany OR 97321
sbarnett at co.linn.or.us
LINN COUNTY GIS
County Courthouse, Fourth & Broadalbin Streets
PO Box 100, Albany, Oregon 97321
Phone (541) 924-6903 Fax (541) 926-0211
CLASSIFICATION TITLE OF THE JOB: GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM ANALYST (Classification LC 862)
Management Exempt Full-time position (37.5 hours/week) working in the Linn County GIS Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
* Perform small and medium size project management, meeting with GIS users to define data and application requirements. Developing and utilize GIS software products and tools aimed at satisfying user needs.
* Convert and integrate spatial data into a wide variety of different data formats from vendor specific file formats to relational databases.
* Develop GIS based programming/modeling tools to streamline and automate internal workload for Linn County employees. Develop GIS web based tools to aid partner agencies and the general public.
* Perform complex analysis projects using GIS software tools and data.
* Train and assist Linn County GIS users and project partners in developing and producing system products.
* Provide assistance to the public and intergovernmental agencies for data transfer, project assistance and general information.
* Produce presentation material using the GIS software and other computer applications, including but not limited to maps, drawings, charts, posters, newsletters, displays, flyers, bulletins and related matters.
* Maintain records and build data files. Develop and utilize methods for centralizing data file management.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree from a four year college or university with major course work in geography, cartography, computer science, engineering or a closely related field, and a minimum of two years related experience in the use of a geographic information system in developing and maintaining land-based mapping applications and data, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the work described.
COMPENSATION: $3841 - $4828 per month (DOQ), plus excellent benefits.
CLOSING DATE: March 19, 2018 or until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed Linn County Employment Application Form, along with a resume and cover letter, to Steve Barnett, GIS Program Manager, Linn County GIS Department, PO Box 100, Albany, Oregon 97321; FAX : 541-926-8228. Application forms may be obtained, along with the job classification, from the Linn County Commissioners' Office at the Linn County Courthouse or by calling (541) 967-3825. Application forms can also be obtained at the Oregon Employment Division in Albany or at the Linn County Home Page at http://www.co.linn.or.us/Jobs/empapp.htm
LINN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gis_info