[gis_info] NWGIS & GISPD.com: Python, ArcGIS Pro Tools, and JavaScript Online Workshops

David Howes david at dhowes.com
Wed May 17 12:54:50 PDT 2023

Hello GIS professionals,

As a final reminder, I'd like to invite you to attend the following online
workshops, which I'll be teaching next week in association with the
fantastic Northwest GIS User Group (NWGIS):

*Python Workshops*

Introduction to Python Programming

Monday, May 22nd, 2023

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time

Description and registration: https://nwgis.org/event-5249898

*Introduction to ArcGIS Pro Python Tools and Processes Development*

Friday, May 26th, 2023

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time

Description and registration: https://nwgis.org/event-5249910

Please note that, as explained in the descriptions, the first workshop is a
prerequisite requirement for the second workshop, unless your level of
experience is sufficient to justify a waiver of this requirement. Please
get in touch if you would like to discuss such a waiver.

*JavaScript Workshop*

Getting Started with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x

Wednesday, May 24th, 2023

8:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time

Description and registration: https://nwgis.org/event-5249914

Please note that this workshop is a prerequisite for an associated
workshop, “Getting Started with TypeScript and the ArcGIS API for
JavaScript 4.x”, to be scheduled at a later date, unless your level of
experience is sufficient to justify a waiver of this requirement. Please
get in touch if you are interested in the TypeScript workshop and/or would
like to discuss such a waiver.

Every time I put on workshops of this type, I always check whether
attendees prefer to work through set exercises or follow along as I give
explanations and demos. The unanimous choice is always the latter and forms
the basis for a flexible and interactive approach. While I have a core
amount of material to cover, there's always time for discussion and
experimentation and this sort of engagement always seems to enrich the
experience for everyone.

I'm most grateful to the Northwest GIS User Group for supporting the
provision of these workshops. You don’t need to be a member to attend these
workshops, but, for only $10.00, I highly encourage you to do so and
support the organization both financially and as an active participant.
Please visit their website, https://nwgis.org/, for details and please
consider attending their 2023 conference, which will be held in Yakima,
Washington on September 19th-21st.

Thanks.

David

*David A. Howes*