[kids-lib] Announcing: Youth Services Best Practices for Oregon Libraries website and blog
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Dec 30 15:15:08 PST 2011
The Youth Services Best practices for Oregon Libraries website and blog is now available!
What will you find?
* A blog that will be my venue for sharing information, resources, and research about summer reading. There are already 2 entries about things I haven't shared via this listserv so check them out!
* Research-based components of high-quality summer reading programs that we developed by the State Library and the OLA's Children's Services Division (CSD) and Young Adult Division (OYAN).
* Examples of specific Oregon libraries that are already implementing components of high-quality summer reading programs.
* Links to other helpful, informative web sites.
What should you know?
* If your library is implementing one or more of the components of high-quality summer reading programs and would like to be added to this web site let me know, the more examples the better!
* If you know of and would like to share summer reading articles, resources, and research email them to me. I'll either post it on this blog or email it out via the listservs on your behalf.
* I'm not perfect (gasp!), please email me if you notice any spelling errors, typos, broken links so I can correct them.
* The outreach and early literacy pages of this website are a work in progress. They will be developed over the next few years as I research these topics and work with CSD and OYAN to write the research-based components of high-quality outreach and early literacy services. As they are developed, I will start posting about these topics on the blog too.
Hopefully this will be a helpful resources for you.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib