[kids-lib] Lampman Award nominations are due Jan 31
Carol.Reich at hillsboro-oregon.gov
Fri Dec 19 15:17:46 PST 2014
January 31 will be here before you know it, so if you know of an Oregon author, librarian or educator who has made a significant contribution in the areas of literature and/or library service for the benefit of the children of Oregon, please make a nomination.
The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Award, presented by the Children's Services Division of the Oregon Library Association, at the OLA Annual Conference, is given in memory of the noted Oregon teacher, journalist and author of children's books. Established in 1982, it is Oregon's most notable children's library service award. The award recipient is announced at the Evelyn Sibley Lampman Breakfast at the annual OLA Conference.
Nomination and eligibility requirements:
* Nominations are due no later than January 31, 2015
* The nominee must reside principally in Oregon
* The award will be given for personal accomplishments to recognize an individual's contribution and not conferred upon an individual representing the accomplishments of many
* Only living persons may be considered for the award
* Nominations for the award may be accepted from Children's Division members, OLA members and members of the Lampman Award Committee
* Current Lampman Committee members are not eligible to be nominated
Submissions most often take the form of a letter and should be submitted to the Lampman Committee Chair, Carol Reich at Hillsboro Public Library, carol.reich at hillsboro-oregon.gov<mailto:carol.reich at hillsboro-oregon.gov>.
Submissions should include:
* Nominee's name
* Nominee's title, address, phone, and email address
* A description of the nominee's significant and lasting contributions over the years that have benefited the children of Oregon
Carol Reich | Reader Services Manager | Lampman Chair
City of Hillsboro, Oregon | Hillsboro Public Library
phone 503-615-6514 | web www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library<http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Library>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib