[kids-lib] ALSC Community Forum open to non-ALSC members Tuesday Feb 12th
greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Feb 6 10:14:20 PST 2019
If you’re interested in ALSC’s Excellence in Early Learning Digital Media Award and the Notable Children’s Digital Media Awards there is a web forum open to members and non-members next week to learn more, see below for details.
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D4BE04.B940B800]
From: ALSC [mailto:eserrano at ala.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2019 9:44 AM
To: Jey Wann <JeyWann at oslmail.osl.state.or.us<mailto:JeyWann at oslmail.osl.state.or.us>>
Subject: ALSC Community Forum
Mailing Pre-Header Content
[American Library Association]
Upcoming ALSC Community Forum!
2018 Young Children, New Media, and Libraries survey and Digital Media Awards
This forum will provide an overview and introduction into two new initiatives with ALSC in its ongoing commitment to supporting librarians as media mentors in their service to children and families. First, we will discuss the 2018 updated version of ALSC’s first national survey of libraries and new media, originally administered in 2014, which demonstrated a strong commitment among libraries to providing a range of technology for families with young children. The new survey offers compelling, widespread insights into the changes to this still largely uncharted and varied landscape. Following this, we will share information about ALSC’s two new achievements related to media: ALSC’s brand new Excellence in Early Learning Digital Media Award and the Notable Children’s Digital Media (formerly Great Websites) list. Join us to learn about these new achievements.
This forum will be held on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 12pm CST.
- Learn how libraries are providing access, education, and guidance with new media for young children and their caregivers
- Learn how their library peers are using new media in library programming with children and their caregivers
- Learn more about resources and tools to guide use of new media in programming with young children and their caregivers
- Learn about the Excellence in Early Learning Digital Media award, its history, the criteria, and why it was created
- Learn about the process of creating the award criteria
- Learn how the award criteria aligns with ALSC’s Media Mentorship recommendations as well as expert recommendations related to children’s technology design and media use by young children and their caregivers
- Learn about the Notable Children’s Digital Media list—origins, criteria, and more.
- Learn how library staff can use these criteria when evaluating media for use in their own programs or for recommendations to parents and caregivers.
Accessing the forum:
ALSC recognizes media mentorship as an important, developing role for children's librarians and, therefore, will be making this live forum available to both members and non-members. Register in advance for this webinar which will be held on the Zoom platform.<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04Mjk2NDA0JnA9MSZ1PTEwMTg3ODQzMTcmbGk9NjI3MjYyMzc/index.html>
Association for Library Service to Children
50 E. Huron Street 4th floor | Chicago, IL 60611
(800) 545 - 2433 ext. 2163
You are receiving this message because you are a member of the
Association for Library Service to Children/American Library Association.
If you no longer wish to receive ALSC Update emails, visit our opt-out page<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04Mjk2NDA0JnU9MTAxODc4NDMxNyZsaT02MjcyNjI0NSZsPWh0dHBzOi8vYWxhLmluZm9ybXoubmV0L2FsYS9wYWdlcy9BTFNDX09wdF9PdXRfTGFuZGluZ19QYWdlP196cz1wNFYxVzF8X3ptaT1RRFVp/index.html>.
Visit our sign-up page<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04Mjk2NDA0JnU9MTAxODc4NDMxNyZsaT02MjcyNjI0NyZsPWh0dHBzOi8vYWxhLmluZm9ybXoubmV0L2FsYS9wYWdlcy9BTFNDX09wdF9Jbl9MYW5kaW5nX1BhZ2U_X3pzPXA0VjFXMXxfem1pPVFEVWk/index.html> to join other ALSC email lists.
Unsubscribe <http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04Mjk2NDA0JnU9MTAxODc4NDMxNyZsaT02MjcyNjI0OCZsPWh0dHA6Ly9hbGEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvYWxhL3BhZ2VzL2FsYV91bnN1YnNjcmliZT9fenM9cDRWMVcxfF96bWk9UURVaQ/index.html> from all future American Library Association Informz mailings.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 22491 bytes
More information about the Kids-lib