[Libs-Or] Fwd: [fllan] Join us for "ALA National Library Legislative Day: What to Know Before You Go"

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 11:44:24 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristin K. Murphy <kmurphy at alawash.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Subject: [fllan] Join us for "ALA National Library Legislative Day: What to
Know Before You Go"
To: nlld at ala.org, fllan at ala.org

     *ALA National Library Legislative Day: What to Know Before You Go*

*Join us for a Webinar on May 3*

<https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/901974851>

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/901974851

American Library Association advocates have a tremendous opportunity to make
a difference in Washington, DC, we just need to know how! ALA Advocacy Day
participants will want to join this "what to know before you go"
webinar.  We will review the five specific things you can do to ensure your
legislators and their staff listen up and take notice on library policy
issues.  We'll also go over the most important things to know about your
legislators, the logistics of a Capitol Hill meeting and how to develop a
winning message, especially with new members of Congress.  If you are an
American Library Association Advocacy Day participant wondering what you can
do to get the most out of your Advocacy Day experience, this is the session
for you.

*Title:*

*ALA Advocacy Day: What to Know Before You Go*

*Date:*

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

*Time:*

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

*System Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

 <Attachment 1>

--

*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District