[Libs-Or] Fwd: Still time to be an ALA Council Candidate - submit a petition

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 17:05:17 PDT 2011

Once again the original press release from the  ALA Nominating Committee (
http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/news/ala/ala-announces-slate-council-candidates)
does
not mention that this is just the list from the Nominating Committee and
that it is still possible for others to run as petition candidates.
According to the information at
http://www.ala.org/ala/aboutala/governance/alaelection/index.cfm all
petition forms need to be in *no later than February 2, 2012*.  So, I have
added a comment to the American Libraries piece indicating that the process
is still open and that names can and will be added after Midwinter 2012.  I
did not mean to be anonymous on my comment but I am and now you know who
anonymous is. ;-)

I just want people to know that running for ALA Council is a very open
process and people do not, and should not, wait to be nominated before
running if they are interested in serving on ALA Council.

(The original version of this message was sent out with spelling errors.  I
remembered to run spell check before sending it on to you.)

--
*Diedre Conkling**
Lincoln County Library District

 WAR IS OBSOLETE<http://www.facebook.com/pages/WAR-IS-OBSOLETE/297916183027>
Holding resentment is like eating poison and waiting for the other person to
keel over. - Unknown Author